Sunday, February 24, 2008

The week that was

At work, I came very close to throwing in the towel. A senior manager wants my head on silver platter. With garnish and some brown sauce, no doubt.

Oh, he does make my blood boil. I am so close to doing him bodily harm.

But that is not the way of resolving conflicts. I just need to ruin his life. The Chinese emperors got it right. Eliminate the entire clan.

Ok ok, so it’s illegal and morally reprehensible. But a girl CAN dream.

Hypocrisy is alive and well, people. Don’t let the folks in human resources, training centres and leadership seminars tell you otherwise.

And speaking of hypocrisy, with the run up to polling day, campaigning is reaching fever pitch. I regret not registering for it. How was I to know election was going to be called only 3 years into the full 5 year term?

Caught me off guard actually. Public opinion towards the ruling government is at its low what with the adverse events involving the judiciary, indiscreet politicians, crackdown on bloggers etc etc which all resulted in loud (and physical) calls for change from those fed up with the current status quo. It’s actually quite advantageous for the PKR/DAP/PAS Barisan Rakyat really. Then the question is, is UMNO really that fearful of Anwar? ( I mean why else would there be such a need to call for elections just one month shy from when Anwar could be free to contest again.)

I was about to take two steps back and say that this is not a political blog, but then, as a Malaysian and a non-bumi at that, can I still say that I am apolitical? Can I afford not to be political?

No comments: