Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy 2011


Quoting Anais Nin, I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me.

But speaking of molding my life, there are some things that I keep failing at getting right, such as:
  1. make laughing a daily affair, even at work, despite or rather in spite of the menopausal characters there that make it a strong contender for Satan's favourite summer home
  2. stop being a hypochondriac suspecting every sneeze to be an air-borne infectious disease
  3. stop turning into a Victorian boarding school matron and relax a little. (Drugs anyone?)
  4. unplug the umbilical cord that is my internet connection and enjoy the sunshine
  5. have the courage to switch off my phone with full confidence that it will not herald the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse and the world would still revolve as it should
  6. to respond rather than react. Main advantage being that my voice would not hike up several decibels and vex the dogs.
And lately spirituality has taken a back seat. I have been asked why does God need to be worshiped. But who ever said that worship is for God's benefit. I need a spiritual compass more than God will ever require my feeble adorations. So there is another one for the drawing board - salvation and serenity.

I am tempted to go on a litany on present consciousness but that would be another blog post. I need a swami's robe and a cymbals to go with it.


So here's much work to be done in the coming year. Here's wishing that yours too will be filled with good tidings and good health.

No comments: