Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Flotsam and jetsam

It has taken

10 solid months
9 new wardrobe additions
8 purchased books
7 months of broadband
the soothing of 6 office mates
a 6 month gym membership
5 PC games
4 new pairs of shoes
3 gifts
2 family blow-ups
2 new hair-dos
one swift birthday
one long vacation
one quirky blog
one salary adjustment
one public bawl
one near purchase of an apartment
one new beau
unknown slices of cakes
and
countless prayers from well-wishers

to utterly get over my previous relationship.

It was the end of a 6 year courtship that unceremoniously sank in a murky sea of differences and indifference.
Now I harbour no regret. Nor bitterness. But it sure took its time in coming.

2 comments:

MlleMonster said...

I have no sympathy for you. Anyone who listens to Manilow everyday AND tries to recruit other victims deserves none.

Someone told me of an acquaintance who upon her break-up listened to Beddingfield's If You're Not The (bloody) One over and over in her cubicle. People were actually were considering grevious bodily harm.

My therapy involved thick and heavy doses of Linkin Park. Which incidentally was given by a guy who had a crush on me eons ago. Damn, it appears my zaman kegemilangan came and went without me even realising it. But I digress.

But I conceed, I have this overwhelming desire to be loved and I find being alone terrifying. I did question the reasons for my new relationship. Ok I lack some material comforts and a secure matrimonial path, yet I find happiness in different realms that I could never have explore with the ex. Then there is nothing to compare anymore because it is whole different world.

SO for the sake of completeness, how long did you take for me? (I am so damn thick skined!)

MlleMonster said...

Okay I lied.
Whenever I get into a fight with the new beau, I do the unthinkable and I compare him with my ex and wonder, how differently things would have turned out. In all honestly, going out with someone younger has its disadvantages in the sense that he can be quite clueless when it comes to relationships.

Deep down I know that I was at fault for the breakup. I have a been less than a model girlfriend and I have come to realise that he does deserve soemone better.