Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Bit About Me Now

I work for a company that deals in medical equipment . As you already know, its a German company. And this is my 4th industry jump. I have done retail, law, publishing and hospitals.  

Its been a month since I started my new job and I am as comfortable in it as a vegan in a fish market.  I have been duped into thinking that figures are a small part of my job. Silly me. Somebody forgot to tell me that I will be doing valuations on a daily basis.  So far I have been able to decipher Balance Sheets, Profit and Loss statements and Cashflows. ROIs and NPVs are distant relatives.  When I put my calculator to my ear, I can almost hear the echos of Compound Annual Growth Rates. 

And this is a girl who decided to study law as oppose to economics because she still counted with her toes. Looks like Economics now has found me. 

Oh joy. 

No comments: