Sunday, May 20, 2007

Nice saucer

So many things to do but so little precious time. Universal grouse I am sure. I do wonder how some people juggle a career, a family and a life, with a couple pets thrown in.

Quiet times are good times. Cathartic and rejuvenating. And rare. I did a quick stock take over the weekend (which was actually a 5 minute day-dream in Popular book store). In my head I have this picture of this woman who looks dangerously like me (only thinner) leading this fantastically fulfilling and balanced life. She resonates contentment and is loved by people and inanimate objects alike. The ideal woman that would even make Oprah weep. And she sits there, in my mind, eating crumpets and having tea, living the alternate life, MY alternate life of happiness, health and goodwill to all men.

It is so easy to be good to other people but so much harder to be good to one's self. It is easier to feed to a man oatmeal than to stop binging on Lay's Salt and Vinegar. I will be the first to admit that I have very lofty ideals. That woman in my mind is proof that I inspire to great things. But then things never go as plan do they? Blame it on faithlessness, sloth, envy, pride and 30% discount on pastries. If only discipline and determination came in tablets.

No comments: