Monday, August 01, 2005

Hushaby

And today I handed my letter of resignation amid a chorus of 'no's from my bosses.

Far from relief, I actually feel dread. My course is set. I will be hurling into the world of lawyers and judges and flying statutes books and rude clerks and court offices that lose your files. A land of long hours and birdseeds for pay.

Am I overacting? Voluntary suffering cannot be pleasant. Yet it's now or never. It is all an investment for a brighter future.
Ah yo I hope so.

Things will change tremendously. I will change entirely, if I throw myself completely into this.

I will miss the people at work most. A nice environment where politics are at most child's play than sword play among buccaneers. Of course at times you would feel like shoving a rake down your client's throat but lunches with friends are always good.

Three months to catch up on what has been going on in law.
I am so screwed.

No comments: