Monday, January 15, 2007

Work work

I received an email this morning from my old college. It will be my class’ 10 year anniversary come August. As with all reunions, the apprehension is definitely developing. Looking up what my friends have been achieving – oh it puts me to shame. Some of them have scaled the heights that I have dreamed up for myself. Of course I feel so happy for them, and I do feel like a traitor for feeling so bad about their successes. Naturally this only fuels my resolve to make and keep my few resolutions this year.

Being so wishy washy in my career choices has cost me time and I am panicking that by the time I need Botox, I won’t be able to afford it. Let’s not even talk about that holiday villa in the Seychelles.

At work, I report to very capable people. It is one thing to work for a fool but it very motivating to work for people who have been where you are and made it, mainly because they are judging you by their own standards.

Oh boy, did that freak me out.

Nevertheless, I think I will like it here. Now all I need is a little bit of time and a whole lot of guts.

No comments: