Wednesday, September 14, 2005

All hands on deck

The ugliest problems are the ones that you don't see coming until it slams into you at 60 knots. Between falling sick and falling apart, it is always with hindsight that we just realise a little too late how good we had it all along.

I am not ready to tackle what life is churning to throw at me. I am not grown up enough. I hate turning from sheltered child to the one expected to brave the bloody storms to tie the sails down.

My parents are hopefully looking at me now to care for them and I am terrified that I don't know how. Is this how new parents feel? But while parents have the advantage of sending junior to his room, do I box their ears when my parents fight? I actually prefer it when I DIDN'T understand what they were talking about.

I am not yet a responsible adult with a stable job, a comfortable future, lots of money and purchase plans for a mid-range apartment. I know so little, I fear so much.
I can't handle problems that are not my own.

I can't captain my own ship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MlleMonster said...

Junk post removed.