Sunday, January 01, 2006

I thought the title would have been obvious

Oh joy! Today I finally managed to watch the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I dare say that it is a wonderful movie and I am so glad that I finally caught it.

A funny thing happened in the midst of the movie.

Sitting just a few seats next to me were a young couple with their son. I gathered the little boy enjoyed the movie immensely by the way he could not stop chatting.

But what took the cake was right at the scene where the children was to meet Aslan for the first time. As Peter raised his sword and asked to see Aslan, as the crimson tent slowly parted and a soft paw stepped out, before the full magnificence of Aslan can be shown, the little boy's mother yelped in anticipation, "Oh, look, its the TIGER!"

It was only the darkness that shrouded my astonished glare.

No comments: