Monday, July 23, 2007

Where is Fawkes?

Ok folks. There has been no blogging for the past few days because I had more pressing matters to attend to. For instance :

1. Heavily deriding MPH, Popular and Times bookstores for their foolish and uncalled for action of refusing to sell Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows because Tesco and Carrefour are selling the book for RM40 cheaper. I have sent MPH a very cross email and I hope that more people do.

2. Reading the above mentioned Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (bought from Tesco)

What is worse than being at work with less than 4 hours sleep?
Having NOBODY to talk to about the book!

The book was laboriously slow in the middle but it was very very necessary to build momentum and to allow the reader to experience Harry's frustration, longing and agitation in relation to his mission. Must read. I was right about two unlikely heroes and I SO wish i had a wand. Then I can turn my neighbours into tiny roaches that I can squash. ( If there was a Hogwarts I will so be head prefect of Slytherin, I am sure)

In my humble opinion, it is the best Potter book ever. So much so that while I was taking notes for a meeting today, I unconciously was scribbling Dark instead of Date, which reminded me of the Dark Mark, which then reminded me of Malfoy, then Dementors, which in turn brought forth a Patronus and then Snape. Let's just say, I was glad nobody asked me questions during the meeting.

p/s. 7 horcruxes and 7 HP books. Coincidence? Unlikely. Indeed, Rowling did pour a little of her soul into each book and through them guarantee her immortality.

No comments: