Saturday, August 11, 2007

Lust and Penance

I really miss my dSLR. If you didn't know already, the well-loved personal camera and all those beautiful lenses (my preciousss) had to be sold to furnish my rented apartment, which still looks like a Customs warehouse by the way, infested with rabbits instead of rats.

I actually persuaded my department buy a dSLR. Wrote a board paper for the funding and everything. But as any photographer will tell you, the camera body does not leave one lusting, its the exquisite lenses that people eat Maggi Mee to save up for.

My friend Jo was blogging about bokeh effects and that reminded me of my age old longing for the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L lens.. and since i am fantasising, lets make that with IS as well. Sigh. When my mom prophesied that I would have expensive taste, she wasn't kidding. Not a good thing when one is self funding. Where have all the sugar daddies gone? Why are they never around when you need them.

I took the above picture with a Canon 70-200 f4 lens.


No comments: