Thursday, March 20, 2008

And more

Tis interesting times indeed.

So the latest cabinet has been announced. My my!
We see a couple bigwigs dropped (bye bye Rafidah), and old guards coming back into the fold (Muhammad Muhammad Taib, hidup lagi engkau).

But the one that surprised me is the appointment of Zaid Ibrahim. Certainly the judiciary needs to be reformed but are you sure giving it to the founding partner of one of the biggest corporate law firms in the city is a good idea?

Just as much as it is said that justice must not only be done; it must also be seen to be done, I say so do transparency and independence. Well, we will see. No doubt Zico will benefit from this one way or another. Yet I am tempted to cry CONFLICT! But fine, fine, its premature.

AND the gloves are off! First Mukhriz Mahathir and his letter to PM asking him to step down, now Ku Li is "volunteering" to contest for the UMNO party presidency.

There is more to be said about the abolishment of the affirmative action that is the NEP but I will let it rest tonight.

No comments: