Sunday, February 08, 2009

Commenting on Not Commenting

As a woman from Perak, I should say something about the fiasco that is the collapse of the state government. But I won't. Of course I am disappointed that BN is now back in power. Even more upset with the party hoppers but then Pakatan got themselves into this trouble anyway by courting dubious personalities.   

And I am not going to comment on whether the Sultan acted ultra vires or not as after all, I always took the view that the provision of discretionary powers is not the wisest ideas and now that the rulers are acting on them, and in this case favouring one political party over the other - we are only to blame over this mess.  So padan muka

I am  all for a republic but I know I won't get to see it in my lifetime.  

No comments: