Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Long Call

My Long Call will be held on the 9th of November, this coming Thursday.

I have filed all my papers, called the relevant bodies, contacted my mover, called the firm, wrote my speech, attended briefings etc.

My parents are attending the ceremony. So will the family and friends of the 9 other petitioners who will be called on the same session.

But, I don't feel the buzz. There is no excitement for me.
Sure it is a big thing, but I fail to see it as an achievement. I guess I expect too much of myself.

Thing is, I don't feel that I am a better person now from when I started. I sure regret that I don't have a passion for legal practice. It would have been so much easier if I did. Sacrifices would not be so hard to make.

I am still frustrated that I have yet to find my calling.

No comments: