Sunday, June 29, 2008

Trying to be all mystical and Kung Fu-ey

Jack Black is a comic genius. So he is rude, crude (have you HEARD his songs? *snigger*) and is as rotund as the character Po which he plays in Kung Fu Panda. I didn't really expect to enjoy it, but I did. Enormously. Its like watching the juvenile Jack Black, in a panda suit.




How can one resist a movie is that begins with an opening line that goes:

Legend tells of a legendary warrior whose kung fu skills were the stuff of legend. It is said that his enemies would go blind from over-exposure to pure awesomeness!


Master Shifu (okay, wierd name) looks nothing like Dustin Hoffman though.


Anyway I won't mind watching it again.

And in the spirit of things I finally used my Japanese ceramic teapot. Procured for me from Japan. Gorgeous isn't it? Exactly why I have hesitated to use it. So sayang la.

Because in typical fashion, bad things happen to things one hold most precious. Case in point, for a birthday long past, I got a mug all the way from Singapore. Hand delivered. Loved it to bits. And what did I do but smash it into smithereens one week later at the firm. And yet its all the naff free gift mugs that will stick around till forever.

And now that I am revisiting ceramics again, you can well understand my phobia.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jackie chan had like 4 lines.
now that's a joke!


(and do you know pandas arent really bears?) =D

Anonymous said...

THERE'S NO CHARGE FOR AWESOMENESS!