Thursday, December 08, 2005

Only day 4

Day 4 of my chambering.

Today I was at the High Court where I met the Assistant Registrar aka Penolong Pendaftar. Subject: Taxation of cost. That just means haggling over legal fees. Because when one party wins a case, the loser will not only have to fulfill judgement but also pay the other party's legal costs. And so, parties will come to a sum which parties can agree to (which hardly ever happens) so they go to the Assistant Registrar to get the matter decided upon.

The KL High Court is quite nice indeed. The courtyard is nice - green and pretty. SO different from the Magistrates and Sessions Court which are more gritty.
Nevertheless I bet the parties actually involved in any suit would rather not be anywhere near the courts.

Later in the day I even went to Cheras to an auctioneer.
And tomorrow I will be in Shah Alam for a Summary Judgement hearing and Land Office matters.

I am knackered. So much running abound. My best investment so far has been great pairs of pants and fantastic flat healed shoes. I have yet to see any short skirted, perfectly made up Ally McBeals at court yet. Yeah, like there is any chance she will be taken seriously. Well I can say, I have mostly met with senior lawyers/counsel and judges who have so far effectively ignored me. At this point, I can't say I mind. Half the time I am still as blur as a sotong on a stick.

Argh, there is so much to catch up. I even bring home stuff to read. This is quite hard.

I am getting a bit tired. And this is only the beginning. I think I need to go to bed. Will catch up on my writing over the weekend. I will tell you more.

No comments: